We are always interested in hearing from fellow professionals and graduates with experience in our industry.
Please see below for details of our current vacancies or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about any upcoming opportunities.
Plant Production Manager
JOB TITLE : Plant Production Manager
DEPARTMENT : Delivery
LOCATION : Bagley, Shropshire
REPORTING TO : Delivery Director
CCm Technologies is an environmental technology company based in Swindon. Founded in 2011, CCm has developed from a research company to a commercial organisation with initial sales to several large multinational customers. CCm's world leading Circular Economy technology utilises captured CO2 and other waste materials converting them into value-added products with multiple uses across the global priority sectors of food/agriculture, advanced materials & energy storage.
CCm is currently involved in the deployment of demonstration and full-scale plants at a number of locations of which the Bagley facility is the most recent. The patented process is based on high primary capture efficiencies from novel cellulose / amine capture material which retain 95% of flue sourced CO2 for the production of Sustainable, Net Zero Fertilisers.
CCm has developed a supportive, responsive and hard-working culture where all employees are valued and work together as a team for the shared success of the Company. CCm is committed to training and developing its employees so that individual growth can match the growth of the Company.
The Plant Manager will oversee the plant’s activities to ensure that the plant’s production meets the business’ objectives. You will be responsible for the recruitment, retention and training of personnel and they are responsible for and driving team engagement. You will manage the annual capital and operational budgets, working closely with the production team, as well as the sales, procurement, quality and other support functions to control costs and to ensure excellent customer service.
This role is based in Bagley, Shropshire and may involve spending time working in a variety of locations dependent on where the CCm plants are being operated. This may well include travel to potential sites across the UK and further afield.
- Overseeing all the operational activities of the plant
- Continuously improving standards ensuring products to meet customers’ requirements
- Managing the performance of the team while ensuring adherence to Environmental Health and Safety regulations
- Controlling expenditure and managing capital requirements within set budgets
- Preparing production and performance reports for senior management
- Building effective professional working relationships with all stakeholders, including suppliers and customers
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive maintenance program for the plant
- Maintaining all administrative records
- Maintaining inventory levels and controlling the flow of product
Qualifications and Experience
- In addition to an appropriate qualification in operations, management or engineering, the Plant Manager will be expected to have at least five years of experience in the management of plant operations including the leadership and management of teams
- It is desirable, but not essential candidates have developed a Six Sigma Black or Green Belt certification or practical Lean/Kaizen experience
- Candidates with outstanding Health and Safety awareness with a NEBOSH certification or an IOSH qualification will be preferred
- Candidates with a working knowledge of computerised maintenance management system (CMMS) or Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) systems and an understanding of plant maintenance would also be preferential
- Candidates with previous experience working with an ISO and/or OHSAS certifications would be desirable
- Excellent working knowledge using Microsoft and related software
- Self-motivated and able to solve problems independently and in team settings
- A full UK driver’s license and willingness to travel
- Practical experience of solids material handling equipment and feedstock equipment and/or recycling technologies
- Strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with and support the development of a talented team
- Familiarity with fast growing companies and the associated deadlines and high-energy culture that goes along with launching new products and technologies
- Excellent client-facing and internal written and verbal communication skills, negotiation skills, interpersonal skills, and ethics
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Analytical skills and ability to make sound business decisions
- Ability to apply business continuity principles, theories, and practices
- Ability to develop strong partnerships with internal teams such as HR, Engineering and Business Development
Company Professional Standards
You must remain aware at all times of your responsibilities for your own Health and Safety and for the Health and Safety of others around you. You must ensure that at all times the correct PPE is worn when required.
You must adhere to all Company Policies & Procedures (including but not limited to) those specified in the H&S Policy and any financial / accounting systems.
The Company reserves the right to include other reasonable duties which are part of, and incidental to, this type of work at any time and to review and revise the role profile as and when necessary.
Salary & Benefits
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 per annum, depending on experience
Annual Leave: 25 days, plus bank holidays
Pension: Enhanced Company Pension
Life Assurance: 4x annual salary
Healthcare: Bupa Healthcare option
Share Options: Eligibility to join CCm EMI Share Scheme after 12 months satisfactory employment.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to email@example.com.