We are always interested in hearing from fellow professionals and graduates with experience in our industry.
Please see below for details of our current vacancies or contact us at email@example.com to enquire about any upcoming opportunities.
What does the Lab Assistant role involve?
The Lab Assistant is a fantastic starting point into a career in Science.
The role holder will have access to practical experience and on-the-job training and support in a scientific laboratory environment. Working closely with a small team of highly experienced professionals, you will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge, strengthen your skills and build a rewarding career with CCm.
The primary focus of this role is to perform routine chemical laboratory functions to support scientific experiments and investigations. The role holder will support the Analytical Chemist in delivering the routine testing required for the various ongoing projects.
The role holder will take ownership and have responsibility for:
- Setting-up, maintaining and calibrating laboratory equipment
- Recording, analysing and writing summaries of experiments and trials
- Collecting and preparing samples and solutions for analysis and ensuring safe disposals of waste.
- Complying with all health and safety aspects of working within a laboratory.
You will have:
- Level 2 and 3 qualifications i.e. GCSE and A-Level’s or equivalent in Science (including Chemistry, Biology and Chemistry) with awards grade 4+ / C or above
- A proven interest in science subjects with a keen interest in obtaining experience in / building a career in science
- Able to work independently and enjoys working as part of a small team
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Some form of work experience, paid or unpaid